Oct 16, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (9)


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
 
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun!

This week we got to choose a favorite author in X genre ... I cheated and picked YA because too many YA authors cross over into different genres. 

Top 10 Books Favorite Authors in YA

Jennifer L. Armentrout
1. Jennifer L. Armentrout: I'm fairly certain she thinks I stalk her at this point. I mean, I caught up with her at BEA, the Baltimore Book Festival, and I reply to her blog posts, twitter posts ... Oh, Lord. I'm expecting the restraining order to arrive any day now.

2. Aimee Carter: I freaking love The Goddess Test series. They are so well written, so romantic, and just so epic. And the fact that Aimee is a total sweetheart and may have sent me signed copies of the first two books might add to my love of her. Or that she remembered who I was at BEA...

3. Richelle Mead: Does this need any explanation? Between the Vampire Academy series and the Bloodlines series, she has cemented a place in my heart forever. I was in B&N a few months back and this teenager was looking for a "vampire book" because she loved Twilight. The sales rep pointed to a few and as soon as she walked away, I immediately told the girl to read Vampire Academy. You'd have done the same thing!

Cara Lynn Shultz
4. Cara Lynn Shultz: I have devoured both of her books numerous times. She knows how much I love her books (even though there's still only 2 of them!), and she is just an all-around great girl. She blew me away at BEA when she asked to take a photo with me. I may have melted a bit. Or a lot.

5. Rachel Vincent: I found the Soul Screamers series a few years back and was immediately hooked by her insanely good storytelling. Kaylee is one of my favorite YA characters ever.

6. Andrea Cremer: Yes, I was totally infuriated with the end of Bloodrose, but a great writer is a great writer. Anyone who can illicit a physicalreaction from me (you better believe I hurled my copy of Bloodrose across the room) gets my seal of approval.

7. Rachel Caine: I feel like she really just revolutionized the vampire genre with the Morganville Vampires series. Everything else felt so cliche and expected, and she continuously blows me away.

8. Hannah Harrington: Not just because we share the same awesome first name (though that does make me smile), but because she has this gift for writing such realistic characters. 

Kathleen Peacock
9. Kathleen Peacock: Yes, she's only written one novel thus far, but words cannot express my love for Hemlock and an amazing novel is an amazing novel. I can't wait to see what she does with the rest of the series and her writing career.

10. Huntley Fitzpatrick: Another author who only has one book out, but she's a contemporary author to watch over the next few years. Her novel My Life Next Door ripped my heart open. She's easily the up there with Susane Colasanti, Jennifer Echols, and Sarah Dessen.

6 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. I think I agree with you on almost all of these! Especially Aimee Carter and Jennifer Armentrout. You have good taste ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read most of these authors actually, but I love Cara Lynn Shultz. She's so funny and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know any of these authors, but I really should check some of them out. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my post earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo you've got some of my favorites up there too Hannah! I'm IN LOVE (yes, it's an all caps worthy type of love) with Jennifer Armentrout's books, and I was a huge fan of both Hemlock and My Life Next Door, so Kathleen and Huntley both jumped on my "don't miss a book by these authors" list:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I realllllly need to get to The Goddess Test!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am fairly new to the YA genre, and I am always on the lookout for new authors. I have not read anything from these authors, so they are going on my TBR list. I love your blog, by the way!

    Elizabeth @ My Romance With Reading

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!