Aug 24, 2015

Review: Scandal Never Sleeps by Lexie Blake & Shayla Black

Title: Scandal Never Sleeps
Author: Lexie Blake & Shayla Black
Publisher:  Berkley Romance
Publication Date: 8.18.2015
Genre: Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Suspense
Series: Perfect Gentlemen #1
Source:  ARC from publisher
Buy: Amazon

Rating: 4 Stars

Summary (from Goodreads):
They are the Perfect Gentlemen of Creighton Academy: privileged, wealthy, powerful friends with a wild side. But a deadly scandal is about to tear down their seemingly ideal lives . . .

Maddox Crawford’s sudden death sends Gabriel Bond reeling. Not only is he burying his best friend, he’s cleaning up Mad’s messes, including his troubled company. Grieving and restless, Gabe escapes his worries in the arms of a beautiful stranger. But his mind-blowing one-night stand is about to come back to haunt him . . .

Mad groomed Everly Parker to be a rising star in the executive world. Now that he’s gone, she’s sure her job will be the next thing she mourns, especially after she ends up accidentally sleeping with her new boss. If only their night together hadn’t been so incendiary—or Gabe like a fantasy come true . . .

As Gabe and Everly struggle to control the heated tension between them, they discover evidence that Mad’s death was no accident. Now they must bank their smoldering passions to hunt down a murderer—because Mad had secrets that someone was willing to kill for, and Gabe or Everly could be the next target . . .

Review:
I will never turn down a new Shayla Black or Lexie Blake book, but pairing the two together makes me all the more excited. SCANDAL NEVER SLEEPS is the first installment in what is sure to be an amazing, thrilling, and swoony new series. I devoured this book in less than 24 hours.

Can I first talk about Everly? Because I love her. She made this book amazing for me. I love when Gabe got a little controlling or high handed (because he wanted to protect her), she immediately shut that down and told him they needed to end things now because she would never be the docile little woman who waited for the men to finish saving the day. I feel like I have been waiting years for a heroine to say that. She was smart and sure and confident … The epitome of a heroine.

Gabriel … He was a little harder for me to wrap my head around. By the end I was Team Gabe, but it took some getting there. He is a bit of an ass and very used to getting his way.

This book nicely sets up the series and I can’t wait for the Gentlemen to keep unraveling the mystery. Typically in a contemporary series you have self-contained books where each book can standalone. This series seems to have a central plot that will tie all the books together. I can’t wait to see how this ends.

1 comments:

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!